Preventive dentistry measures will protect and preserve the health of your teeth and gums. At Horfield Dental Care we use advanced and state-of-the-art dental technologies to detect and correct problems before they pose a serious threat to your dental well-being. We take genuine pride in making your smile healthier than it’s been in years.
The list below contains important elements of an excellent long-term dental health plan.
- Home care regimen: This includes brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, flossing, and using a fluoride mouth rinse.
- Regular dental visits: It is especially important to visit your dentist for routine examinations and cleaning. Early detection and treatment can reverse common dental problems and save you the cost of expensive corrective procedures later on.
- Healthy diet: Diet is an important component of good dental hygiene. Sugar and dietary acids can erode enamel and create cavities, so avoid foods that are high in either one.
- Stop smoking: If you smoke, try to quit or at least cut back. Regular nicotine consumption reduces blood flow to the gums and causes problems like plaque, stains, and halitosis. Over time, gum disease, receding gums and even tooth loss can occur.
At Horfield Dental Care we support your ongoing dental health with the following preventive dentistry services:
- Dental x-rays: This painless procedure helps your dentist identify dental disease before it has the chance to do serious damage. X-rays are an excellent tool for preventing tooth decay, gingivitis and bone deterioration, and can diagnose problems such as impacted wisdom teeth, making treatment planning more effective.
- Fluoride treatments: Fluoride plays an important part in the prevention of tooth decay. It stops bacteria and plaque from eroding enamel and can even re-mineralise an affected tooth, making it stronger.
- Fissure sealants: Fissure sealants, applied in droplet form, seal off minute cracks in your back teeth so that bacteria doesn’t set in and create decay.
For more information about our preventive dentistry resources, call Horfield Dental Care today. We will help you achieve a healthy smile that you will be proud to show off.
- Intravenous Sedation Info
- Emergency Treatments
- Everyday Dentistry
- Cosmetic Treatment
- Dental Care for Children
- Dental Implants
- Dental Sedation
- Dental Veneers
- Gum Hygiene Treatment
- Inlays and Onlays
- Missing Teeth
- Mouth Cancer Screening
- Nervous Patients
- Preventive Dentistry
- Root Canal Treatment
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth Extraction