Losing a tooth is an upsetting experience, which may leave you feeling unattractive and wondering what to do.
Although having a gap in your mouth is perfectly acceptable, here are some of the common issues that a gap in your mouth may create
- Surrounding teeth could drift into the gap, causing bite problems and gum issues
- Your smile will be unattractive, leaving you reluctant to smile and lowering your self-confidence
- Depending on where you lost the tooth, you may have difficulty speaking clearly
- Certain foods may become too painful or difficult to eat
Horfield Dental has different solutions available to restore missing teeth. They include:
- Dentures: Dentures are false teeth that are relatively quick and easy to take care of. We offer partial, where only one or a few missing teeth are restored, or complete dentures, where all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw are replaced.
- Bridges: A bridge uses the natural teeth next to the empty socket to position and hold one or more false teeth between them. Your teeth will be contoured so they can be fitted with crowns, which will hold your new restoration in place.
- Dental Implants: Implants consist of two parts: a small titanium ‘root’ that is placed in your jaw and a crown, which acts as a substitute tooth. Once they heal, implants look ad feel like natural teeth.
The solution we recommend to replace your missing teeth will depend on your aesthetic concerns, treatment goals, and budget. Your dentist will review each option with you to help determine which one is right for you.
- Emergency Treatments
- Everyday Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Care for Children
- Dental Implants
- Dental Veneers
- White Fillings
- Gum & Dental Hygiene
- Inlays and Onlays
- Missing Teeth
- Mouth Cancer Screening
- Nervous Patients
- Preventive Dentistry
- Anti Wrinkle Consultation
- Root Canal Treatment
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth Extraction